October 23, 2017

What color is your thumb?

Do you like the look of indoor plants?  I love how they freshen up the space, add color and texture to the decor, bring a bit of the outdoors indoors.  But....I do not have a green thumb.  Well it is not exactly that I don't have a green thumb, I just forget to take care of them...and they DIE!

The Flower Market Cricut Cartridge to the rescue!  Last year, succulents became popular and CTMH introduced paper succulents in our Welcome Wreath.  These fun little plants can brighten up any room.  So I took their idea and created these little succulent pots as gifts. 




To create these I went through my stash of B&T papers as well as some older textured cardstock and started cutting out the plants.  Now, Close to My Heart and two toned cardstock so it makes finding paper for these succulents fast, simple and easy!

I inked the edges to add depth and then used my bone folder to add a bit of curl to the "petals."  The purple hue on the edges is my favorite.  I attached each plant to a pipe cleaner or straw (again I went through my craft stash) and then stuck them in a small block of floral foam.  I added a bit of moss and a plant stake with a sentiment.  Oh and don't forget the gold gem in the middle and they are ready to gift. 

What color is your thumb?  It can be green when you create paper plants!
Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment