February 02, 2014

I Love Sparkle!

It brings a smile to my face every time is see a little shimmer!  Don't get me wrong, I don't like to go hog wild with glitter...but I do like a little bit of sparkle that catches my eye and brightens my day!

Close to My Heart offers sparkle in two different ways.  You can get full sheets of glitter paper in 4 different color schemes OR self-adhesive shimmer trim in 6 different colors.





Gold glitter paper cut on the Cricut using the Art Philosophy Cartridge.


Silver glitter paper cut on the Cricut using the Artiste cartridge (heart with the top trimmed off.)


 Silver Shimmer trim accent
New Teal Shimmer Trim

The glitter paper comes in packages of 3 12x12 sheets with various shades of a single color.  It cuts like butter on the Cricut and I adjust my settings to be High pressure, High speed (lower if the design ins more intricate), and I will also Multi-Cut 2.  I use the light purple Cricut mat with the glitter side up for easy cutting and removal of the paper afterwards. 



The shimmer trim is 13/8 inch wide (photos are not accurate to size) and there are 5 yards on each roll.  The purple is new to the Spring/Summer 2014 idea book as is the teal which was previewed in the Cloud Nine Card Kit in January. 








1 comment: