February 28, 2013

Chalkboard Stamping & Last Day for Home Sweet Home

I am enamored by the look of the chalkboard lettering that you see in a lot of the creative work on Pinterest right now.  Our children might not even be able to appreciate the look as the school blackboards are nonexistent in their classrooms.  But, I can remember and reminisce through my creation.  I have watched a couple of tutorials to get the idea on how to create this look.  My favorite was from Connie MacFarlane at Paper, Pleats and Ribbon Roses

For this card, I left out the “shadow” stamping and chose to just highlight part of the sentiment by sponging on a bit of white pigment ink after heat embossing the image.  Watch for more artwork using this technique.  I think the chalkboard look is here to stay for awhile (at least for me!).

I also love how the chalkboard effect looks with the For Always Paper and the February stamp of the month, Home Sweet Home

ClosetoMyHeart-ctmh-foralways-2

Inspired by Stephanie Davis @ TheGypsyChic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment