September 16, 2011

Medieval Night & Hidden Journaling

In August, Jeff and I went to Banff as a reward trip from his company.  We stayed at the Banff Springs Hotel.  Yes, the one that looks like a castle in the middle of the mountains.  (More scrapbooking about the hotel will come.)  Our first evening began with a Medieval Dinner in the Mt. Stephen Hall which has high ceiling with oak beams, stone floor, and cathedral window with stained-glass crests that look out to the beautiful Rocky Mountains of Canada.

The meal was complete with a "Shoretel King and Queen", moments for some in the stocks, soup slurping and some good medieval fun and jokes.

As I was creating the page, I realized I had little room left for journaling so I used the Limited Edition, September Stamp of the Month and created hidden journaling behind the photo of my knight!  The last photo shows how I created a "pocket" for the tag to slide in and out without getting lost behind the photo.  Love our 3-D foam tape just for this purpose! 


The Old World alphabet was perfect for my title. 

This photo show the hidden journaling when pulled out from behind the photo.


I used the Art Philosophy cricut cartridge to cut flourishes to accent the pages.  Then I added mocha opaques for a little more texture. 

Double-sided adhesive foam tape firmly holds your embellishments in place, elevates photos and focal point images for more depth and makes a great "pocket" for hidden journaling tags.  . Cut as much as you need from the roll. (2 rolls per package, 3/8" and 1/4" widths, 77 inches per roll.

More Banff pages to come in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment